PREPARE YOUR TISSUE, MY FRIENDS


Hi, friends! Welcome to my space.

This time I will talk about one of my favorite books of all time which is Heartless.


Heartless by Marissa Meyer

Catherine may be one of the most desired girls in Wonderland, and a favorite of the unmarried King of Hearts, but her interests lie elsewhere. A talented baker, all she wants is to open a shop with her best friend. But according to her mother, such a goal is unthinkable for the young woman who could be the next queen.

Then Cath meets Jest, the handsome and mysterious court joker. For the first time, she feels the pull of true attraction. At the risk of offending the king and infuriating her parents, she and Jest enter into an intense, secret courtship. Cath is determined to define her own destiny and fall in love on her terms. But in a land thriving with magic, madness, and monsters, fate has other plans.


This book is a retelling of Alice in Wonderland, but instead of focusing on Alice, this book is more focusing on Queen of Hearts.

So the story begins when the future Queen of Hearts, Catherine Pinkerton, still seventeen years old and she has a dream to open a bakery of her own. As the only daughter and the only heir of the Marquess of Rock Turtle Cove, she is expected to be the perfect lady but she thinks that this life doesn't suit her. She just doesn't like the lifestyle. It is not her. She feels more like herself when she bakes and her mother doesn't like this. But, the King of Hearts adores Catherine's cake and that is the only reason her mother let her do that.

Please...READ IT! You won't regret it because this book is great and oh my God, This book broke my heart but I LOVE IT! This book is so good. I love the world, I mean it's wonderland, who doesn't know how magical and beautiful it is and Marissa Meyer can capture it really well. I also love the writing style that is so lyrical. And the characters, usually we're gonna find this weird characters in Wonderland, so are in this book. They are so well written until you can feel how weird their mind worked.

The romance is...more than great. Well, just because Catherine, as we know, will become the Queen of Hearts, that doesn't mean the love interest is the king. No! It is Jest, the king's joker. I love their connection, they are so perfect together, my favorite book couple. Unfortunately, something bad happens and everything goes dark and that lead to the reason why Catherine becomes the cold hearted Queen of Hearts. I don't think I'm gonna see the Queen of Hearts in the same way again.

My advice? Prepare a box of tissue and your heart before reading this. HAPPY READING...and good luck.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IT IS NOT ABOUT RELIGION, IT'S A LIFE STORY

BEFORE "THE GOOSE GIRL"