BEWARE OF THE WOODS!

 

Hello, friends. Welcome to my space.

October is here, everyone! Are you ready for it? Have you decided what book to read this month? A horror book, perhaps?



The Twig Man by Sana Rasoul

Genre: Middle Grade, Horror
Publishing date: October 6, 2022
Representasion: Kurdish

Synopsis:

Beware The Twig Man, the Twig Man's hex. Beware the Twig Man or you'll be NEXT!

It's been a year since nearly twelve-year-old Ari's older sister, Lana, ran away, except Ari knows what happened. She was taken by the Twig Man, the creepy monster that's haunted the woods for a hundred years. No one else will listen so it's up to Ari to save her but he had better hurry, as Ari finds himself next on the Twig Man's list...


My rating: ★★★★★

The story starts when Ari's family reports his sister missing to the police. They tell Ari's parents to just wait, she is a teenager, it is normal for teenagers to be wandering around. His mother thinks that Lana—Ari's sister—leaves because she is angry with her. They've fought about Lana's reluctance for attending University. But, Ari thinks of something else, some other possibility. About the old tale that his Nan told him. A monster in the woods who kidnaps children. The Twig Man.

I'm not a horror fan, but this one, I love it! I'm not saying this because it is not creepy, it is creepy, but the story is amazing! I like how Sana Rasoul builds up the tension. She gives you hints here and there, but still you won't figure out what is truly happening. The more clues you get, the more complicated the things seem. It's like never ending until it really ends. That made me keep reading it. It had been a long time since a book kept me up at night, and this one just did it. And the plot twist…. I didn't see that coming. This book gave me goosebumps in many ways.

Now, about the representation. I'm not a Kurdish and I just know a little bit about them, so I can not say much about this. All I got from this book were about the food and art, like painting.

I recommend this book! I think not only children, but teenagers and adults will enjoy it as well. So, happy reading, friends!



Sana Rasoul

Madeleine Milburn

Sana Rasoul is a Politics graduate and teacher in the heart of London. She never misses a Formula One race and has her fingers crossed for a Red Bull Championship. When she isn't teaching or writing she is busy drinking gallons of coffee and watching anything horror-related. Sana is represented by Chloe Seager at the Madeleine Milburn Agency.

Contact: Instagram


Source: Hashtag Press




Music: Terra Fantasy - Creepy Music Box


* * *


I thank Hashtag Press for giving me the opportunity to review this book and providing me with an ebook version of The Twig Man.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IT IS NOT ABOUT RELIGION, IT'S A LIFE STORY

IF YOU LIKE ONE OF US IS LYING